Saturday, March 19, 2011

Canada, eh?

A week in Canada with temperatures averaging out at about 0 Celsius clears the senses better than any allergy medication. Disregard the fact that the final morning of our trip, I asked my dear roommates as soon as I woke up what the hell actually had happened over the past six days. Bizarrity, if it is a word:

Dogsledding is fun. I really want a husky now...
Drama is not fun. (But it makes for great girl conferences late at night!)
St. Joseph's Oratory induces tears and spiritual revivals.
A hall of prayer candles is spectacular.
Recording your own mouth with an iTouch and then playing it back provides for hours of enjoyment.
Ice skating hurts. But the hurt is worth it.
Frozen rivers rank among my favorite sites ever.
Building covers which look like the actual buildings are strangely fascinating.
Best time to spend time with me/ call me: after 10 PM...
I sort of won.
No more octopus doodles will ever appear on my papers.
Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.
Elephants and peanuts awwww.
Segregated pictures.
French romances and trench coats.
Favorite juniors.
VEGAS, baby.
The downfall of HappyLand.
Gahh the wi-fi never worked.
Febreeze and body spray to remedy the room that smelled like wet dog droppings.
Bus ride conversations. LONG ones.
Yes, I feel like a worried mother hen.
Don't bully meeeee.
Mmmmm first hamburger in three months...
Lush.
Failed souvenir shopping.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. (in Tagalog!)
Chocolate croissants.
Egg pictures. SIAMESE TWINS!
Organists. Phillipe....
Organs. Maple leaf shaped ones.
Tropical paradise in the middle of Canada, eh?
Intervention.
Tour guides. Typical French Canadians.
The things they sell in bathrooms...
Coffee, coffee, coffee.
Strange fashion choices of Canadian teens.
Woahh transvestite spotting in Terminal D.
Elevator music!
Wait...why do I care so much again??
Bomb.
Gahhh so many churches!
Listen to your voice, man.
WHO IS THIS?
Sirop d'erable.
Moules frites sont delicieusesss.
Wow. I'm sane.
THEY ALL KNOW ENGLISH!
C'est si bon!

This list makes absolute no sense to innocent bystanders...but fellow Canadian voyagers might recognize an item or two. Reminiscing makes everything seem so much better. Woooot Canada, eh?

But what a strange spring break...

No comments:

Post a Comment