Monday, February 28, 2011

The Cleansing Power of Hating.

From time to time, it is important to RANT. Wildly, hysterically, in public. At least, this tends to be my solution.

The various rants of today included these 10 themes:

1) Men. You are all entirely clueless. No exceptions. Open yo eyes.

2) Slow service at Sonic. I want my lemon-berry creamslush, dammit!

3) Theatre kids. I love you all. But seriously, relax a bit. The world will continue just fine without your skipped line/missed note.

4) Those people who comment that you are in a bad mood for one day, while they are ALWAYS the ones in the bad mood every other day! No need for pity, patronization, ignorance, pats on the head. Continue to make fun of me as usual and don't take it personally when I snark at you. I don't hate you, I'm not unhappy, I probably just did not sleep enough.

5) Those people who obsessed about the Oscars, especially the fashion choices of the nominees. Individualism, guys. Or should we all conform to impossible standards of beauty? Helena Bonham Carter, I admire your sunglasses. ScarJo, I loved your hair. Cate Blanchett, your dress was a pretty...color.

6) Colleges. Please, stop raising your tuition. Please, give me more money. Please, make me happy next year.

7) Blaine Anderson. You are gay. Now date the boy who loves you. Sing gorgeous duets together. You are the only decent character on Glee. Live up to my expectations.

8) Academic team competitions. OH MY GOD, CHILL OUT. These tests do not define your life. One girl was actually afraid that her parents would not let her in the house if she didn't place. If your parents are that obsessive, run away NOW. And please, don't cram with French grammar right before the test, because I will start laughing at you, and you will get psyched out and I will beat you, either with my score or with a big stick.

9) Red lipstick. I have rather large lips, I admit it, and red lipstick just doesn't stick. So, stay off my teeth and stop leaving a red ring around my mouth. Stage makeup is hard enough to get off without you causing difficulties.

10) Coffee. After drinking a thermos of tea everyday for the past week, my cup of joe today was disgusting. It left a gross taste in my mouth and probably explained my sour mood for the rest of the day. Back to tea tomorrow.

However, I definitely win for being the person who pisses myself off the most! Three months left of this...and then ?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment