Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm a Senior.

Right now, there are several things I could be doing with my time:
1) attempting my 85 calculus problems
2) studying for my European history test
3) watching the Grammy's
4) memorizing my oratory
5) reading Dorian Gray
6) eating the Hershey's Cookies'n'Cream chocolate bar right next to my computer mouse

Instead of doing all that, I am informing you of all these things I could be doing and comparing myself to a character in the Superman comic I read yesterday. (Judge me not) No, I'm not comparing myself to Superman, no, I'm not quite that narcissistic (or muscular). There's another guy in one of the comics who literally has no fear. None. He sat through an airplane crash,  a confrontation with armed crooks, and a scolding from Superman without flinching once. I'm not actually like that at all (I jump when a pen drops). However, lately, since Christmas, I have been unable to panic. Calculus problems due? Mehh I'll read a book. Car almost out of gas? Mehh it'll last a few more miles at least. Two weeks late with a biology assignment? Mehh I'll do extra credit later. No late nights crying about schoolwork. Never again.

Senioritis: a blessing and a curse. We worry not about academic things, but we still feel the need to put some pencil to paper because we feel sorry for our teachers deep down. No stress, but an ingrained compulsion to work. So, instead of finishing all our homework at 6 (good job, freshmen!), we start our homework at 10 or so, finish at 2, and then complain about all the work the teachers make us seniors do. Cruel world! At least Stumbleupon and frozen yogurt understand us!

Sigh. Good thing I've got no plans for Lover's Day, cause I literally have to write a whole seven page paper.

Bleck. Time to eat the candy bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment