Friday, April 8, 2011

Whim

Sometimes, it's necessary to recognize the off-beat humor. The sadistic side to life. Bizarre creativity.


"As I sat on the park bench in my Chuck Taylors and Buddy Holly glasses, a cup of coffee in one hand, cigarette hanging from my mouth and a battered copy of 'On the Road' on my knees, I felt I was trying way too hard."


Are those your eyeballs? I found them in my cleavage.


Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you were going in the complete opposite direction of where you meant to be going? But instead of just turning around and walking back the right way, you feel the need to check your watch, your phone, mutter something to yourself, or make a large gesture so that nobody in the area thinks you're crazy for randomly switching directions on the sidewalk. 


"They came to tell your faults to me, 
They named them over one by one;
I laughed aloud when they were done,
I knew them all so well before,
Oh, they were blind, too blind to see
Your faults had made me love you more." 


Next time you visit a bookstore, leave notes in your favorite books for future readers.



Rain comes in droves.
The eleventh plague.
It leaps about from one place to another.
Re- creating Alice’s flood of tears.
It pours from the clouds
till the sea is parted.
The people are set free
 to marvel at the rainbow.


"God loves the plagiarist. And so it is written, "God created humankind in His image, in the image of God He created them." God is the original plagiarizer. With a lack of reasonable sources from which to filch -- man created in the image of what? the animals? -- the creation of man was an act of reflexive plagiarizing; God looted the mirror. When we plagiarize, we are likewise creating in the image and participating in the completion of Creation."



"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.
Now you tell me what you know."



"Who in the rainbow can draw the line where the violet tint ends and the orange tint begins? Distinctly we see the difference of the colors, but where exactly does the one first blendingly enter into the other? So with sanity and insanity."





No comments:

Post a Comment