Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lamentation

A compilation of depressing poetry; each line is from a different poem.
Don't worry, I'm not actually suicidal, ;)


About suffering they were never wrong
I’ve lice in my tunic and a cold in my nose
Oh death will find me, long before I tire
Come hither, Sleep, and my griefs unfold
Death may be very gentle after all
The day is done, and the darkness
Hovers within my gates
Though it be darkness there
In me nothing is extinguished or forgotten
No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Sing no sad songs for me
On my black coffin let there be strown
Firewood, ironware, and cheap tin trays
Thus unlamented let me die
Better by far you should forget and smile
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
Shall cover you
They are not long, the days of wine and roses
They rush in red and purple from the red clouds of the morn
I do not think that they will sing to me

No comments:

Post a Comment